Happy Birthday, Piper!


She's THREE! "3" When did that happen? I was just remembering her delivery this morning, thinking "WOW, we've come such a long way!" Piper is a miracle to me...and I know all mom's say "oh I love my child", but if there were words to express the deep, meaningful love I have for my child, well...then I'd be a millionaire. She's my best buddy...we've been through so much together and it's amazing to me to see her growing up, fighting the way she does, and just being the best kid you could hope for. Her Cystic Fibrosis does NOT slow her down. She's on the move...she's happy and when she's sick like she is now, you'd never know it for the smile on her face! I absolutely LIVE to see that little face in the morning, knowing that every moment is a blessing! It's bitter sweet for me...to see her reach another birthday. I beam with pride that she is growing and becoming a little lady, but I cry inside that every year we add a candle, is just one year closer to, well...one year harder on her lungs. BUT...I love her and I honestly wouldn't change a thing! She splashes so much color into my life. She takes an ordinary day and makes it extraordinary...she's made my life magnificent in a world that can otherwise seem rather mediocre. I thank God for her...I thank him outloud and I thank God that I was blessed with a child with CF. Is that odd? Is it strange that I feel like a part of some secret society? I get to know how precious life is...I get to see the AMAZING gifts that we are afforded everyday of our lives, that which can be so easily overlooked. I get to see the love and the selflessness of families that live with this wretched disease on a regular basis and I begin to think to myself..."yes...this was meant for 'us'" .I love you Piper--from the bottom of this heart of mine!! You make it all...well..."extraordinary".*photo's are from her birthday outing today! That second picture...I just fell in love with it! It's dark and deep and speaks volumes about how I feel about Piper. She had an absolute BLAST! That first picture of the pink van, well that sucker shoots BUBBLES out from the back NON-STOP! She freaked when she saw it! Her favorite gift of the day...and now my carpet is soapy lol...but it was well worth it! Love seeing that smile!

No comments:
Post a Comment